IMPORTANT PHYSICIAN AND PATIENT INFORMATION
Answers to frequently asked questions about cannabis consultations and medical use of cannabis.
Any individual over the age of 25 can be prescribed cannabinoids.
Only patients who have a referral from their family doctor or medical specialist may access SummerTree Medical Clinic. Once your doctor has submitted the Patient Referral Form, we will contact you to set up an appointment.
Yes, OHIP covers the appointments with the doctor and the councillor.
Please keep in mind that drug plans available in Canada do not currently cover the cost of medical cannabis.
You can expect to be at the clinic for approximately 2 hours. Please make sure you have paid for ample parking time. PLEASE NOTE – if you are parked on Bloor St. after 4pm, you will be towed. Please refrain from using on-street parking if your appointment is after 1:30pm.
Prescriptions for medical cannabis are ordered online from a licensed producer and delivered by mail to the patient’s home. Synthetic cannabinoids are obtained from any pharmacy.
Once a patient is registered with a licenced producer, prescriptions are sent by secured courier, typically within a few business days.
You will receive a prescription for either a synthetic or herbal cannabinoid, depending on what is deemed appropriate in your case. Options for methods of consumption of herbal cannabis will also be discussed during your appointment.
INFORMATION FOR PHYSICIANS
Chronic pain stemming from musculoskeletal or neurological conditions, such as:
- Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Back Pain, Peripheral Neuropathy, and Fibromyalgia.
- Submit a referral form plus supporting documentation including letters from consultations and pertinent investigations
- Patients will be booked and assessed as described in the ‘booking an appointment’ section . All visits will be followed by a detailed report sent to the referring physician.
- Patients will be seen in follow up, usually every three to six months.
- Dr. Landolt is currently the only Chronic Pain Specialist at the helm of a Medical Marijuana Clinic.
- The team at SummerTree understands the stigmas surrounding the use of medical cannabinoids